If you love the look of a slanted wall bedroom, but don’t want to deal with the extra work or expense of installing one yourself, there are plenty of ways to decorate a traditional bedroom in a similar style. Start by finding an old dresser that’s been repurposed into a nightstand or bureau. Arrange framed prints, photos, and art on top to create an eclectic look.
1. Add Décor to your Wall with Paneling!
Adding a D-cor to your wall can add personality and pizzazz to any bedroom. By adding panels, you can create a unique look for your space that is sure to stand out. There are many different ways to add panels, so be creative and have fun with it! Here are some tips on how to get started:
- Decide on the style of the panel you want to use. Are you looking for a traditional look? Check out our traditional panel options here. Want something more modern? We’ve got you covered!
- Decide on the size and shape of your panels. Do you want rectangular or square panels? How wide should they be? How tall? You can find all these answers and more here!
- Pick a material for your panels.
2. Go for a Bed with No Headboard!
A bed with no headboard can add a touch of modern style to any bedroom. It also gives you the freedom to decorate the wall behind the bed however you want. This is a great option if you want to create a slanted bedroom layout. Here are some tips for decorating a bed with no headboard:
- Choose a high-quality bed frame that has simple lines. You can also choose a bed with storage space underneath for extra blankets or pillows.
- Choose bright colors and patterns to help offset the lack of headboard. You can also use plants or lamps to add light and drama to the room.
- Use curtains or panels to cover up any open spaces on the wall behind the bed. This will give the illusion of a full headboard without having one.
3. Install a Window Between the Slanted Walls!
There are many ways to decorate a bedroom that has slanted walls. One way is to install a window between the slanted walls. This will allow the room to feel more open and flow together. Another way to decorate a bedroom with slanted walls is to use bold colors and patterns. You can also use textured materials, such as rugs, to add some texture and interest to the room.
4. Painting it with bright colors
When decorating a bedroom, adding bright colors can really make the space come alive. For example, consider using bold blue or green walls as a backdrop to white bedding and accessories. Add pops of color with pillows, curtains, and furniture. Alternatively, choose neutrals such as black or gray to help anchor the room and create depth.
5. Using natural light
Are you looking to add a touch of natural light to your bedroom? If so, you might want to consider adding a slanted wall bed. This style of bed is perfect for rooms that lack natural light. Plus, it adds a unique and interesting look to your space. Here are some tips on how to decorate a slanted wall bedroom with this style of bed:
- First, decide what kind of bed frame you want to use. There are many different styles and variations available, so it’s up to you which one you prefer. Consider whether or not you want a traditional frame or something more unique.
- Once you have chosen your frame, choose the fabric for the coverings. You can opt for something simple and plain or go for something more decorative and eye-catching.
6. Plan a Perfect Lighting Design!
Looking to add a little personality to your bedroom? Why not try a slanted wall design? This type of layout is perfect for creating a more unique and personalized space. Here are a few tips to help you plan the perfect lighting design for your slanted wall bedroom:
- Start by sketching out your basic layout on paper. This will help you visualize the look and feel of your room before starting to decorate.
- Consider adding accent pieces like art or unique bedding to really make your room stand out.
- Choose complimentary light fixtures that will bring out the colors in your walls and furniture.
- Finally, choose lighting that is both functional and stylish to complete the look of your room!
7. Use custom built-in storage
Custom built-in storage can add character and functionality to a bedroom. It’s a great way to organize and decorate a slanted wall bedroom, without having to resort to expensive wall mounts or shelves. You can create a functional and stylish space with just a few simple steps. First, measure the height of your slanted wall and find the corresponding depth of your cabinet or drawer. This will be your starting point for creating the layout. Once you have the dimensions, use them as a guide for creating custom built-in storage that fits your needs.
Choose basements, attics, or unused space in other parts of the house for your cabinet or drawer. Add panels of wood or metal to disguise the structure, if desired. Then choose items you want to store and arrange them according to your preferences.
8. Maximize the available light
Do you want to decorate your bedroom with a slanted wall instead of a conventional one? This style gives a more unique and artsy look to your room. To maximize the available light in this type of bedroom, you will need to take certain measures.
First, paint the wall adjacent to your bed white or use an off-white color so that light can reach the bed more easily. You can also install a slanted window or door so that natural light can flood into the room. If you have limited space, consider combining this style of bedroom with a loft bed. This will give you extra storage and plenty of floor space for decorating. Finally, choose furniture that is modern and sleek in order to match the new look of your bedroom.
9. Make use of textures
The texture is one of the most important aspects of decorating a room. Not only does it add visual interest, but it can also play an important role in soundproofing a room. When decorating a slanted wall bedroom, make use of textures to create a cohesive look and feel. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Use fabric or faux fur as wall coverings. They will add warmth and comfort, while also ensuring soundproofing properties.
- Try adding rugs or runners on the floor. These will not only add texture and color, but they will also help to reduce noise from footsteps or disturbances from other members of the family.
- Install wallpaper with patterns or designs that feature small elements of texture. This will create an interesting focal point in any room and help to break up the monotony of smooth surfaces.
10. Create cozy nooks
Rustic slanted wall bedroom creates cozy nooks perfect for relaxing in. By adding furniture and accessories that are cozy and inviting, you can create a warm and inviting space that your guests will love. For a rustic look, use natural materials like wood or stone. To add a touch of modernity, choose pieces in sleek finishes like chrome or glass. You can also opt for more traditional pieces like a bedspread or curtains in coordinating colors. To complete the look, add a few personal items like books, photos, or candles to create an atmosphere of relaxation and peace.
11. Opt for Fitted Furniture and Slanted Doors!
Fitted furniture and slanted doors can create an interesting and unique bedroom look. Choose furniture that is both comfortable and stylish to make the space your own. Fitted furniture can be purchased at most major retailers, but beware of sizing restrictions and make sure that the pieces are compatible with each other. Slanted doors add an interesting touch to any room and can be perfect for playful or dramatic setups.
12. Include Skylights to Make It More Interesting!
Adding skylights to a bedroom is a great way to add some light and interest to the space while also adding extra insulation. Skylights also provide natural light during daytime, making it easier for you to get ready in the morning. Furthermore, they can make a room look more spacious and open up the ceiling for more natural light. If you have a slanted wall in your bedroom, skylights can be an ideal way to spruce it up and make it more interesting.
In conclusion, by adding some fun and personality to your bedroom, you can really make a statement. Some fun and creative ways to do this are by using different wall decorations or installing a bed that slopes downward. So whatever your bedroom style may be, there is sure to be something that will suit it. So go ahead and decorate that slanted wall bedroom the way you want to!